Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Busy as a bee...













{Yikes! I just realized I posted all of those pics in the wrong order...I'm sure you can follow along!}

Wow! How busy the last few weeks have been! Christmas must definitely be around the corner because I can definitely sense it. Sales are picking up and I am frantically trying to finish a wholesale order (not to mention..my local Wal-Mart starting playing Christmas music right after Halloween was over :-(. I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! As a child, I remember thinking that time passed so slowly but now that I am older, time seems to fly by :-)

The last 2 weeks have been very trying for my family. About 2 weeks ago my FIL had some tests run because he was having dizzy spells. The doctors determined that the artery in the right side of his neck was blocked 99%! They put him in the hospital right away and decided to perform surgery to remove the blockage. After running more tests, they determined that his heart wasn't strong enough for that surgery and they decided to insert a stint instead (my FIL had a triple bypass about 10 yrs. ago and those arteries are still clear thanks to his strict diet). While the doctors were doing the procedure to insert the stint, my FIL had (what they thought was) a heart attack and put him in ICU. Later, after more testing, they determined that he had an angina attack instead of a heart attack ( a little less severe). He is now out of the hospital and is slowly recuperating. He has difficulty sleeping so I am taking him for more tests on Thursday. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers...I've truly met some fabulous friends on the internet!

I see from several blogs that there are a lot of germs "going around". Both of my kids have colds, coughs and sore throats...the joys of having children! I wish everyone a speedy recovery!

Now it's time for some fun things...
As usual, I have managed to squeeze a little shopping time into my busy schedule! I planned to buy just a few necessary craft supplies but I came home with all of this stuff (junk is what my hubby would call it)! First, I went to Michaels and got some fabulous Fall and Halloween merchandise 70% off! I even managed to grab some Martha Stewart "Halloween" glitter that can be used year round. I love the vintage-look decorations that I bought...can't wait to use them next year! I usually wear a costume when I hand out candy to the trick or treaters. I was a kitty cat this year but next year I may wear those rabbit ears (I guess I'm still a kid at heart).

After Michaels, I went to Hobby Lobby and found these unique and fabulous towel bars for the new home we plan to build next year. The fleur de Lis towel bars are black and the other towel bars are a bronze color. I plan to use the fleur de lis towel bars in the Powder Room and the bronze towel bars in the Master Bathroom. The towel bar at the bottom of the pic is going on the wall in my studio to hold tissue paper sheets!
My "Fabulous Find of the day" is the gold/resin crown accessories! I'm not sure where I will put the large crown (it's mounts on the wall) but the smaller crown is on my coffee table in the living room right now. The metal sign is already hanging in the Hall Bathroom. Did I mention that I got all of this home decor 1/2 price? Gotta love Hobby Lobby and their sales :-) BTW, I bought that needlework pillow at HL a couple of years ago. {Har, har..I just realized that my foot is in the photo of the shelf/towel bar...at least my shoes are cute!}

I added a few new items to my Etsy boutique...love these new cards:-)

Have a fabulous day!
Julie

8 comments:

Amy said...

So glad to see you in Blog land again :) I will continue to pray for your FIL, there is nothing worst than not getting good sleep. The Fluer De Lis racks are the chic"est" :) My other love besides toile! OOOHH... I dream of going to a hobby lobby. I should look to see where the closet one is to me :)
hugs,
Amy
P.S. love your new cards by the way!

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

So sorry to hear your FIL has been facing so many health issues. Positive thoughts for him to return to good health.

My, my - busy is right! Love the towel bars you found. And the new cards in your boutique are divine!!! Love all the layering and eye candy.

Dealing with the illnesses of this time of year is the pits...May we all be cootie-free soon!!! Have a wonderful week Julie :~)

Heartinmyhand said...

Hi, just found your site. Love the crown. Wishes to a healthy recovery for you FIL

The Paris Apartment said...

I'm praying for your FIL and family. Your cards look beautiful, LOVE the shoes! you should do a series!
xo
c

Amy said...

Just wanted to let you know I am having my first give-away.. so click on over :)
hugs,
Amy

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Julie, thanks for stopping by to see me! I love your blog & will definitely be back to check it out. I see some beautiful things here & love what you are doing. I haven't tried out any paper art yet, but you girls are inspiring me to try it. I just got some free stamps from Stampin' UP for being on a panel of theirs, so I'll have to actually try them out.

I'll definitely add you to my blogroll!

Rhoda

Nerissa said...

Hi Julie
What a post! I am praying for you & your family. I hope you are able to enjoy yourselves this Thanksgiving.
Your new work is beautiful. And all the finds you bought, wow! I love all the homegoods you bought. LOVE the crowns! Everyone's gotta have one.
Take care & happy thanksgiving!
Nerissa

Anonymous said...

Your FIL is in my prayers. Love all of your new cards...I will be shopping again soon! Mary