Thursday, November 29, 2007

Decorations of Christmas Past

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone and I ate too much food (as usual). I ate 3 pieces of pie: pecan, buttermilk and chocolate (bad Julie!) and tons of dressing!! This is what was left of our turkey and the poor carcass was banished to my Mom's home office to make more room in the kitchen. I spotted him out of the corner of my eye as I was walking down the hallway, so I had to take a pic. Thank you, Mr. Turkey...you were delicious :-) (my apologies, vegetarians!). I hope everyone in blogland had a fabulous Thanksgiving, too!


"Rest in Peace, Mr. Turkey"


Since I am currently renting a home and most of my Christmas Decorations are in storage...I thought I would share pictures of my former home at Christmas Time. I always take pictures of my Christmas decorations because it saves time when decorating the next year. Please keep in mind that these pictures were for my personal use and so they may not be "staged". You should be able to click on the pictures for a larger view. I will be adding more pictures in the weeks to come, so please check back. Enjoy!

Front Door. The garlands were hung with 3M's Command Adhesive Decorating Clips (one of mankind's best inventions!). I made the bows and added vintage ornaments that my FIL gave to me. I love to hang ornaments from doorknobs.

This is the entryway. My Mom gave me that Hall Tree (she bought it in the 1970's). I bought the vintage hat and purse at an estate sale. The larger tree was later decorated with Swedish ornaments (my family heritage). The smaller tree (on the Hall Tree shelf) was made by my Mom (she used to sell them). She covered a styrofoam cone with green velvet and added beads, ribbon and trim...so pretty! I bought those small candleholders the year I was married (at Dillard's department store!).

Formal Dining Room

This is my "nature tree". It has fruit, vegetable, birds, pinecones and other ornaments that one would find in nature! I used a vintage lace tablecloth for the tree skirt. I had several Christmas trees in my house, each with a different theme. This tree is one of my favorites!

My next house will probably not be a 2 story, but if it is, I will add an electical outlet closer to the staircase so one cannot see the tacky wires :-) I made the plaid bows for the bannister and I made/added the gold bows to the reindeer.

Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

3 comments:

Angie(quillysilly) said...

HeeHee! I love your Mr. Turkey photo! The deco's look lovely of course...

Sherry said...

Beautiful decorating Julie..I'm with you..I'm always finding unusual places for ornaments and I love door handles for that purpose!! Looking at these photos, I'm thinking I'll spend part of my weekend decorating the house! Thanks for the warm welcome to Aged Vintage Papier!!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Julie, thanks for stopping by. Your other house looks great all dressed up for Christmas. I'm in the middle of all that right now too.

Merry Christmas!

Rhoda