Saturday, December 22, 2007

Angie & Julie..."out on the town"!/More decorations of Christmas Past/Happy Holidays!

Whew! I'm finally ready for Christmas. All of the presents are wrapped and tucked under the tree and all of the groceries have been purchased for the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day festivities! We will have our traditional Swedish smorgasbord (including yummy Swedish meatballs) on Christmas Eve and we will have a fun Mexican dinner Christmas Day(the dessert menu is longer than the main course menu!!). And I've even managed to watch a few Christmas programs on TV: Christmas Vacation, Shrek Christmas and several of my favorite Christmas programs from years ago: Santa Claus is Coming to town, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Year Without a Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman and more!).

I had a bit of a setback last weekend....I woke up Saturday morning and my computer was "dead". The computer was 4 years old so we decided it was time for a new one. By Saturday evening I had a new computer (Merry Christmas to me???). Luckily my BIL fixed the old computer a few days later (power supply) and I am currently transferring files to my new computer (looks like my son is getting the old computer). Thursday, my daughter and I ventured out to the mall for some last minute Christmas shopping. It was crowded and the lines were so loooooong! We waited in line for about 30 minutes at the Victoria's Secret "Pink" store to purchase overpriced "sweat" pants, jackets, shirts and pajamas that my daughter just had to have (popular with teen girls right now). I see those items are on sale at the website, bah humbug! :-) I planned to take my camera with me (for blogging purposes) and I forgot it at home, grrrrr! Oh well, I was able to purchase everything on my list so that was a "good thing". Today I finished up my shopping at a local grocery store and Wal-Mart. I made a few impulse buys from a $5 DVD rack (Can you believe Pretty in Pink was on the $5 rack?...a fav of mine).

On a fun note...I recently met my good friend Angie at a favorite restaurant/gift shop called The Dove's Nest. We always have a lot of fun when we get together: laughing, eating, sharing ideas, gossiping, talking, talking, and more talking!
After a lovely lunch and dessert (Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is a must) we looked around the fabulous gift shop and I snapped a few pics of the fabulous store decor. I even managed to find a few goodies that I couldn't live without (Angie had more will power than I did..she left with nothing! Good girl!). Oops, almost forgot...we decided to exchange Christmas gifts, too (handmade, of course)! Can't wait for our next little outing, Angie :-) Hmmm...where shall we meet next time?

The Dove's Nest Pics:




Goodies from the Dove's Nest: Mini tinsel garland, Cavallini eraser and a Bird covered with mica.

Angie's gift is wrapped and ready to go. I gave her my last coveted toile gift sack!
My gifts to Angie:
Fabulous Goodies from Angie!

A few more decorations of Christmas past:
Master Bedroom and Bathroom:


Engagement photo from 1989...typical 80's hair!


"God Jul" means "Good Chistmas" in Swedish.

Where's the snow in the village? We don't get very much snow in Texas (mostly ice/sleet).

I love these animated dolls:

Hutch and Buffet from the Breakfast Nook. I bought that furniture at an auction. The hutch contains some of my teacup collection and some Swedish dishes (my heritage). On the 2nd shelf of the hutch (far left) you will see a small wooden house with a little girl. I was a library aide when I was in 2nd grade and my library teacher gave that little house to me for Christmas that year. It is one of the oldest keepsakes from my childhood.

Some vintage Christmas postcards from my collection. And a little vintage style bunny I bought at Hallmark a few years ago.
The "Children's Christmas Tree". Don't want all of your "childrens" ornaments on the main tree? Give them their own. This tree was in the Media Room.

Guess what? My husband and I are sneaking away Sunday morning to spend the night at a fabulous hotel and do some more holiday shopping (perhaps for moi?), can't wait! Hopefully I won't forget my camera and I can share some fabulous photos later.

I hope you have a fabulous and safe Holiday Season. See you next week! "God Jul"!
~Julie~

5 comments:

Angie(quillysilly) said...

We did have a great time on our outing...we always do! Love all the Christmas photos. Have a good time with the hubbie and pick up something yummy for yourself! Toodles...qfythdog

Sherry said...

Oh I am still so envious of the two of you getting together...you had such a great time and the photos are awesome!! I love what you bought Julie...I'm not sure I'd have had the willpower Angie had!!

Lovely seeing the gifts you exchanged (gorgeous as always!), and your previous decorating.

Hope you and your husband are having a lovely day and evening away...hope you find something really very special for yourself.

Meantime, wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas full of love, joy and laughter. Sending you many blessings for the coming year!

xo
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie. I loved seeing the pics of your day out with your friend, Angie! Your house looked fabulous and I picked up a few decorating ideas (tassels!). I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Mary

Nerissa said...

Ooooh, I just love all those pictures. Lucky that you two got to go shopping. The store you went to looks like one I would have loved. And the gifts you exchanged... LUCKY!
Hope you've enjoyed your holidays. Happy New Year!
Nerissa

Sherry said...

Just popping in Julie to wish you a very Happy New Year...may it be full of love, laughter, and blessings more than your heart can hold!!