Friday, January 25, 2008

My work has been published....really good news!!!!



That's the really good news that I have been waiting to share! I'm so delighted that my "Elise" Fleur Garden tags were published in the January/February issue of Tea Time Magazine. This is an elegant magazine that has numerous pretty table settings, recipes and more. Sadly, there was a typo and no one received credit for their merchandise that was listed on that page! It's such a shame because all of the merchandise is really fabulous and I wondered where some of the items came from! Oh well, it was still very exciting and means a lot to me as an artist! You may purchase these tags in the Pastelle Paperie at Shabbyfufu.com.







A few weeks ago I mentioned that I won another prize...well here it is! I visited a website called Creative Call Studios and signed up for their monthly newsletter (and it just so happens that they were having a monthly newsletter contest). I won this gorgeous/detailed art card created by Sally L. Smith (Lydia's Lineage). This art card will make a wonderful addition to my Madonna Christmas ornament collection. I can't wait to see it hanging on my Christmas tree next year. For now, it will hang in my studio so that I may enjoy it year round.


I did a little bit of shopping last week at Tuesday Morning and found a few goodies that I couldn't pass up. Honestly, they were calling my name! :-) I bought some wrapping paper, a pretty glass vase and these elegant little velvet Christmas ornaments. I love to find various uses for Christmas ornaments year round.

Velvet Christmas Ornaments




Master Bathroom Display. I bought the little pink French dish at an estate sale years ago. The gold/green stone bracelet is 1928 brand jewelry that I bought in the 80's!




This display is on the gold tone baker's rack in my Master Bedroom.. The pink marbles are leftover from my kids school project. I wasn't sure what to do with them, so they ended up in the bowl. I added a vintage style brooch and a pink pearl bracelet for the finishing touch. Nice and glitzy...just the way I like it!

My Fabulous Find of the day comes from.....Target! I know all of you "Francophiles" will loves this chic fleur shirt that was only $11! I love this raspberry color and the price is definitely right!

Fabulous Find of the day!

Have a fabulous weekend!
~Julie~

19 comments:

Nerissa said...

What a great post. Congrats on your work getting published. It's ashame you weren't given credit.
All your purchases are wonderful. I LOVE the Target shirt. I just love it when I get a great piece there & it's on sale :)
Nerissa

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats!!!! I am sure this is the first of MANY publications your work will be showcased in! I am soooo happy for you :) The tree ornaments are to die for ! And the shirt is so fabulous... Always lots of goodies when I visit your blog!
hugs and blessings,
Amy

Sherry said...

Julie I am SO thrilled for you that you are in this publication!!! I haven't seen it here on the shelves but I'm going to look and see if I can find it. I'm disappointed that they didn't list where you could buy the items they featured...I get so frustrated with magazines that do that -- don't show me something I'm going to fall in love with and then neglect to tell me where I can find it.

Your finds are fabulous (of course!!) and one thing that you and I have in common is picking up something "intended" for one use and using it for something else altogether..that's half the fun!!!

Once again I am devastated that we do not have Target in Canada -- I love this shirt!!!! :(

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

how wonderful!!! Congratulations on being published in this magazine! It is great. Your work is definitely sweet and romantic looking. I have to tell you though that I think the velvet ornaments were saying "Sherri" and not "Julie". Just kidding,but I do love them.

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Congrat's girl!! Nobody deserves it more than you do!! The shirt is divine and so "you", and you know that I am loving the ornies!! toodles....Angie

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

Congratulations Julie!!!! I am so happy for you getting published :~) Love the goodies you found too. We have that store here but I have never gone in...looks like I need to make a trip soon :~) Congrats again - all your work is beautiful :~)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fun post. Congratulations on being published! Your work is so beautiful.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering my GIVE AWAY!

xo Lidy

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Julie, thanks for stopping by. I'm adding you to my links so I can remember to stop by and see your beautiful blog more often.

Congrats on being featured in Teatime. That's great!

Rhoda

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

Congrats on the pub, love that velvet flower.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Congratulations! Very exciting!

Natasha Burns said...

Hi Julie,
Congratulations on getting published, that is fantastic!!! What a shame about the credits.
Wow I love your velvet ornaments, totally amazing!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for your lovely comment!
Enjoy your weekend,
Natasha : )

Cathy said...

Congratulations Julie with the Tea Time Ad. I'm sure they will fix the error in the next issue.

I adore your tags. I have purchased many, many of them and each and every one is made with the highest quality. I love them. Keep up the GREAT WORK!

Cath

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Julie!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog! It gave me a chance to come here and visit you.

Congrats on the magazine article! That is wonderful. It is a shame that the credit's weren't given.

I love all of your purchases. I think my favs are the velvet ornaments!

Please visit me again! I am going to add you as a fav to my fav blogs on my blog...would love it if you added me to your list!
Hugs,
Penny

The Tattered Rose said...

Congratulations on getting published! There is NOTHING like seeing your work in print.
Very nice blog. Cheers, Trish G.

Pat Winter said...

Congratulations on having your work published! Isn't it fun to see someone take interest and share? Beautiful magazine too.

Jill Monroe said...

Congrats on getting published - I know how difficult that can be!

Rosa said...

How exciting for you. I don't have the latest issue but now I will make a note to grab one. Beautiful tags, btw.

Lana said...

Congratulations on the Tea Time publication! I LOVE those velvet ribbon ornaments, are they new or vintage?

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Congratulations!