Thursday, February 28, 2008

The thrill of victory....

My daughter's drill team participated in a competition last weekend and the girls did extremely well! We were so proud of them and from the quality/quantity of awards that they won, all of their hard work paid off! I was so engrossed in their performances that I forgot to take pictures of all of the dances! The girls performed 4 dances, including a dance to a song from "Peter Pan". All of the costumes were beautiful and well-made. It was a long day with the girls leaving on the bus at 7:00AM Saturday morning and returning around 12:30 AM. The girls have another competition this weekend so we will be out of town. I am busy packing today and trying to mark numerous things off of my long list of "things to do" :-)






The girls are holding their numerous awards (some are individual awards)


Team Award list....WOW!

~SweepstakesJudges Award for Jazz, Kick and ModernBest Overall Technique and Choreography
~2nd Runner-up for Best in Class Officer Line- Medium Team
~TeamSweepstakes
~Gussie Nell Davis Award of Excellence (for receiving a 90 and above from every judge on every routine)
~Judges Award for Jazz, Novelty, Lyrical, and ModernBest Overall Presentation, Precision, Technique and Choreography
~FIRST PLACE - Best in Class- Medium Team - 10 teams
~Best of the Best - 6th place Overall out of 40 teams(Dedicated to Mike Miller)~Sportsmanship Award - voted on by the other teams at the competition
~1st Runner up Academic Champions - 3.66 cumulative GPA


11:15 PM...Savannah and Mommy, right after the awards ceremony (she looks soooo tired). I was especially proud of Savannah for being picked for all 4 of the dances (which is very hard to do for a 1st year drill team member)!



During a break at the competition, my husband and I ate a peaceful lunch together and I shopped at a local Stein Mart and Marshalls department store. I don't shop at Steinmart very often, but they always have beautiful home decor and the quality is very good. I was glad that I had my camera with me so I could share these pics with you of Stein Mart!

This display makes me long for summer!



Lots of bird and Parisian themed merchandise!







Lots of blue and chocolate colored merchandise! Could it be "in" right now?






My fabulous Stein Mart purchases



Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

9 comments:

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Well congratulations to your daughter!!! You must be one proud mama! Your pics make my mouth water too. Love that little nest!!! Toodles...Angie

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

love the goodies you bought, the nest and the sign are great. I love to brouse in those stores too. Congrats to your daughter too.

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

How awesome, the costumes look stunning and I am sure you and hubby are proud parents :) I am so excited to have a daughter and experience dance again! She always loves music and loves to wiggle :)
The store you went to looks divine and your finds are perfect for spring!
Have an amazing time this weekend!
hugs,
Amy

Rosa said...

Just a quick hello to see if you received your OW-OH package from me?

Angela said...

What a wonderful post! Congradulations to your daughter. It must of been wonderful to watch her. Thank you for sharing with us!

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

Congratulations! What a fun time for you and your daughter! You two look so sweet together in your photo! =)

I always used to envy those drill team girls! I was in marching band in high school, so I was never able to try out for anything else. =)

Diane said...

Julie,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and very nice to meet you. Congratulations to your daughter and her proud parents!
Hugs,
Diane

Sherry ~ Cherie ~ ms. herbes de provence said...

You are so proud (rightly so!) of your daughter's achievement and she must be thrilled to have competed so well!! It's such a thrill when we see our children do well at something they've worked hard at!!

I love all the goodies you shared and your purchases!! Making me drool Julie!!

And making me crave spring which is still a long way off in my neck of the woods (more snow expected this weekend..another foot!).

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

Congrats - congrats - congrats! Way to go Savannah!!! She really does look a lot like you Julie :~) Proud mom moments and shopping? You lucky girl!