It's been an ugly day here in the Dallas area. It's been raining all day and it hasn't stopped! I am so tired of it! I had to drive 50 mph (in a 65 mph zone) all the way home from the doctor's office because it was raining so heavily and I got soaking wet when I went to Wal Mart this afternoon. And I got home and my paper towels were missing! I didn't notice that they were missing when I checked out so they must have slid off of the bottom of the cart as I was shopping and I didn't even notice it, how embarrassing. I guess they are laying on the floor somewhere in Wal Mart!
Anyways, the good news is that I took my daughter to the doctor's office today and they said she doesn't have a fracture or any torn ligaments in her leg (thank goodness). The bad news is that she will not be able to dance at the National Competition on March 29 and 30 and she is heartbroken about it! I dread telling the director because she is going to have to re-do 2 of the routines again because of yet another injury to a team member...ugh! The drill team tryouts for the next school year are in 3 weeks and I'm not sure if Savannah will be dancing 100% by then. I am praying she will have a quick recovery but the doctor said not to rush it because she could injure herself more severely if she does. What a bummer! As I said before, we are just so thankful that the girls did not have severe injuries.
Savannah's knee looks worse but some of the swelling has gone down and the pain has lessened. (Don't you just love these "injury" photos?)
Sweet Amy tagged me for this questionnaire. I don't think I am repeating anything from a previous questionnaire. I hope you find something interesting here :-)
1. Name your two favorite scrapbooking topics -----I don't have much time to scrapbook anymore, but I am on the scrapbooking committee for my daughter's dance team so I guess it's dance team pics!
2. What are two of the best places you have been to?-----California (different areas), New York City and Las Vegas, NV (sorry, I love them all)
3. Name two things you do every day ---- Hug and kiss my kids and hubby and tell them that I love them. I'm on the computer on a daily basis, too.
4. Name two things that pretty much everyone knows about you. ----I love the color pink and I love French things.
5. Name two places you wish to visit----Paris and Sweden (my ancestors homeland)
6. Two things you may not know about me are: Don't hate me because I'm blonde, har har. See that photo of me on my blog? That is my natural hair color! I have never colored my hair and strangely it's just a little bit darker than when I was a child.
I collect Barbie Dolls. I think I have several hundred of them and a few of them are vintage (pathetic, huh?).
One of my favorite Barbie dolls: Kate Spade Barbie
7. Name two nick-names you have had sometime in your life ---- Jules and Blondie (both in high school)
8. Name two interesting jobs (good or bad) that you have had ---- My brother and I used to build custom homes and I really enjoyed it (until he "dumped" me and moved to CO, lol, I'm not moving there it's too dang cold for me!). I was the store manager of a jewelry store called Rings & Things at a local mall (similar to Claire's Boutique) when I was in college.
9. What are your top two fun things to do after work ---- work never ends but I like to watch TV and read magazines and books
10. Name two things you would like to learn ---- I would love to be fluent in French and I would love to learn calligraphy
11. What were the last two songs that you downloaded or Cd's that you bought? ---- I bought the Daughtry CD and I downloaded Maroon 5 "Makes me Wonder".
12. What were the last two books that you read? ---- "French Women Don't Get Fat" and "Images of Marilyn Monroe"
13. What two TV shows or movies from your childhood do you still enjoy watching after all of these years?? ---Little House on the Prairie and Brady Bunch (yes, I'm admitting it, lol!)
I will now tag the following lucky people:
Kate, Vee & Me
Beachys Cape Cod Cupboard
Have a fabulous day!