Sunday, April 6, 2008

All is well in my world today :-)

Pretty In Pink Birthday Greetings Tag


It's been a super busy week. All of my new merchandise was listed in the Pastelle Paperie at Shabbyfufu and I was overwhelmed with orders (I have been working my fingers to the bone, har har). All orders will be going out Monday, sorry about the delay! I have also been working with Janet (of Shabbyfufu) on some fabulous Bridal Shower projects (will post those photos at a later date). The shower has a pink/black Paris theme....I would love to attend that shower...I know it's going to look so chic!

Queen for a day Mother's Day Card




Thank you to everyone who has asked about Savannah's knee. I took her for more x-rays last week and everything looks fine. The doctor said she just needed more time to heal since the bruise was so severe (and she needed rest and her leg needed elevation). We are still trying to decide if we want to force the issue of having an MRI. I'm a little nervous that something could show up down the road but we are continuing to pray that everything will be fine. Yesterday was the first day Savannah was able to walk without her crutches! She is in much better spirits now and is looking forward to dancing again soon. Drill Team tryouts were held last Friday and Savannah and two other injured dancers had to submit video tapes of their past dances to the judges for tryouts. Of course, she and the other two injured dancers made the team! We were so happy but we were not totally surprised, most returning members make the team. Go Savannah, we are so proud of you!

We spent last weekend at the Nationals Competition in Fort Worth, Texas. Savannah did not stay with the team the entire time since it was difficult for her to get around on the crutches. The team ate Saturday evening dinner at Riscky's BBQ and did a little sightseeing at the historic Fort Worth Stockyards. My husband and I did not eat with the team, we chose delicious Mexican food (a favorite) at Cardona's Mexican Restaurant and we did a little bit of our own shopping while at the Stockyards. I even tried on a pink (yes, pink) cowboy hat but decided not to buy it even though my husband loved it (I wasn't sure if I would wear it). He took a photo of me wearing the hat on his cellphone and it's now his background! Sunday night the competition concluded with the awards ceremony. The girls did very well again. They took second place in the Medium Team division for Modern Dance and fifth place in the Medium Team division for Jazz. The Officers placed in a few dances, too. The team took home five large trophies! There were a lot of teams competing and they came from as far away as Washington state and Florida!


Savannah receiving her "blue letter" from the director that announces that she made the team (the girls who didn't make the team received letters typed on white paper)



Cowgirl Chic!



I found this super fab Eiffel Tower at Hobby Lobby recently in the Garden Section. It was on sale for $5!!! It's a candle holder but I haven't added a candle yet.



I found this lovely dress form on a recent trip to an antique store for $30. She will eventually be embellished and decorated with fabric, ribbon, flowers, etc. But for now, she wears a fabulous vintage mink collar and hat. I'm not going to sell her so please don't ask, lol! Hmmm...she needs a name, too.





Have a fabulous Sunday!
~Julie~







7 comments:

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Yeah Savannah!! Glad to hear that she made the team again (of course I knew she would since she is fabulous!!) Love the tower and the dress form and I am voting for Ms. Emma for her name! Isn't Ft. Worth a great day trip??? Toodles...Angie

Diane said...

Wow I love the dress form what a wonderful find, you can now play dress-up how fun is that (:
I am working on my daughters baby shower colors Pink & Brown with a french theme (:
Hugs,
Diane

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

Congrats Savannah!!! I'm so jealous of your dress form Julie. One day I hope to have such a .. well... fabulous find :~)

Sherry/Cherie said...

You have been busy!! I'm glad to hear that Savannah's knee is okay!

Your purchases are fabulous..$5 for an Eiffel Tower that size?!? And the dress form is just crying out to be dressed!!

Alice W. said...

Gorgeous creations!

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

I am so glad everything is going well with your daughters knee and that she can look forward to next season!!! Your new tag and cards are phenomenal as always! Can't wait to see what you came up with for the pink/black french shower, How fun!
Blessings,
Amy :)

BeachysCapeCodCupboard said...

So glad to hear your daughter is certainly on the mend! And congrats on doing so well with your beautiful cards and tags! I am shocked you only paid $30 for that dress form - that's a total STEAL around here! =)