Friday, April 25, 2008

An evening at the Kessler Derby

Cinderella goes to the ball, lol! We had a blast at the Kessler Derby last Friday evening. My sister, Jenny and her husband, Casey were so gracious to invite my husband and I to this fabulous event! A lot of money was raised for the Kessler School via the live and silent auctions. I have been to Kessler fundraisers in the past but this is one of the more popular events. Guests were treated to yummy food, drinks and entertainment via the the horseback racing at Lone Star Park. We were so fortunate to have a nice balcony to watch the horseback racing from. Here are some photos from the event:

Strike a pose! My daughter took this photo. I am wearing my new dress that I bought at the last minute from Kohls Department Store. It's a vintage style crochet dress...not too Bohemian. Notice that my sister and I both wore black. We have shown up to several events in the past wearing the same colors!

The event was decorated by 2 of the Moms at the school...I love the table decorations (notice the horseshoe)! We arrived late so I didn't get to take pictures of the decorations before the event started. Jenny and Casey
Chuck and moi
My donated gift basket! It brought $25 at the silent auction...I was happy with the outcome!
My sister put together several gift baskets, she really did a fabulous job. She had some great themes for gift baskets! I hope you are getting some good ideas :-) "Green" Method cleaning products from Target
"Parents Night Out" Basket. I think the value was $800! The live auctions items were expensive! Some went for several thousand dollars.
Up for live auction: kindergarten class matted and framed self portraits. My nephew's portrait is the second row from bottom, first from the left. Cute! I was hoping to meet a celebrity, Robert Knepper, but he was in Paris filming a movie. If you are a fan of the television show "Prison Break" then you will know who he is. "Prison Break" currently films in the Dallas area.
Place your bets!

I'm sorry to say that we didn't win any bets that night. Typical :-(
It's "pizza night" tonight. When we are home on Friday evenings, we order pizza...yum! "Lost" returned last night, so we will watch the episode that we recorded (I'm still hooked...cute guys really help). My husband said, "What are the odds that one will be stranded on a deserted island with a bunch of hot girls?" lol!

Next time I'll blog about my awesome surprise birthday party :-)

Have a fabulous weekend!
~Julie~

9 comments:

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Julie...I love the dress and you looked stunning as always! It certainly looks like everyone had a good time and I am glad to hear that money was raised for the school! Your nephew's drawing was so cute too!!! Thanks for sharing...Angie

PamperingBeki said...

That looks like such a fun time!

You looked beautiful!

I've never been to a horse race, but I would love to.

Bunny Chic Boutique said...

You look so Classy and Fabulous in your new Black Dress!!

That's such a great idea to have the self-portraits framed and would make a really unique Teacher's Gift too.

Bunny Blessings ~

Jayne

Sherry/Cherie said...

What a fabulous weekend and you look so hot in that dress!! Great photos of you and your sister and spouses...and I'm glad your donation to the auction was well received!!!

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

You look lovely in your new dress! That event looks like it was alot of fun. I love events like that - especially when they are for such a nice cause....
Penny

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

Love you in your new dress Julie! Looks like an absolutely wonderful evening - so glad you had such a good time!

Lola Enchanted said...

looks like alot of fun!!!!!~!

Amy-Razz Pizazz Boutique said...

You look amazing girl! And to be able to go to something where you can dress up, is a treat in itself, lol!
hugs,
Amy
Like you new photo by the way!! Fabulous :)

fated follies studio said...

that looks like it was such a fun event and the baskets look amazing. i'm from aurora, which is se denver area. we are now in the mountains on the western slope. so much fun. (psyche) thanks for stopping by, love the blog. :)

jenny