Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Motherhood can be so rewarding...really!


I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day! I did! We took my Mom out for a nice lunch and she received some fabulous gifts: including a Brighton gift certificate (she wants a new watch) and some yummy Godiva chocolates! My Uncle made the trip from Colorado to be with my maternal Grandmother so she had all 3 of her children with her this year..yay!
I wanted to show off this beautiful card that my daughter made for me. She wrote the poem! After reading the poem, I asked her if she got it off the internet and she said, "no Mom, I wrote it"! I was impressed.


To read the poem, click on the photo below:

My son takes piano lessons at his high school and he was asked to play at the Midlothian Educational Showcase last week. His song was the Grand Finale! He played Moonlight Sonata and he did very well (I love that song). We are so proud of you, Christian!

For some strange reason my daughter is the only one who looks happy :-)


I found this Moonlight Sonata video on YouTube:




A small sampling of my new designs for the Pastelle Paperie at Shabbyfufu.com:


New designs at my website: Fabulous Finds Boutique:



I sent my friend Amy a fabulous gift for helping me with my blog template...a cute set of chalkware birds. You can see them on her blog. I had so much fun wrapping this gift!



P.S. Yes, my Surprise Birthday post is still coming. I haven't had time to go through the photos...ugh! Someone please tell me where can I find more hours in the day!!!

Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

7 comments:

PamperingBeki said...

It looks like you had a fabulous day!!

fated follies studio said...

i think you and your mom got some great gifts. that package you wrapped is lovely! it is simple yet so elegant. just my style! maybe that's why i like it so much. :) enjoy the weekend.

jenny

Marina Capano said...

Hi! Nice to meet you!!!! I am very happy with your comment!!!You are in my list for MY FUN VIRTUAL PARTY!!! you have so cute blog!!!!see you soon!!! by for now!! Marina enjoy the weekend xoxooxoxo from Argentina

Ruth Welter said...

Hey Julie, thanks for contacting me on ETSY Cottage Style. I was just looking at your website and ETsy site...you do beautiful work. Very elegant and the word timeless definately applies. Nice to meet you.

Ruth

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

great pics!! love the cards!! Glad you had a great Mothers day!! xo Britt :-)

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous cards!
Sandra Evertson

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Tell Savannah that it looks wonderful and how impressed I am with the poem! Heehee...don't you love photos where everyone looks completely different from what they are really feeling! Toodles...