Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I thought I would show you how I decorated my home for the Thanksgiving holiday. My sister, Jenny, is hosting Thanksgiving this year and and I look forward to eating lots of delicious food and spending time with my family (30+ members!). The Weatherman is forecasting a beautiful day. Enjoy!

~click on the photos to enlarge them~
Front Entryway
I love to use preserved/dried leaves
Formal Living Room fireplace mantel. I used some of my tags to create a banner.
Dining Room


Kitchen bar area. Please ignore the windows! I haven't had time to work on window treatments!

Family Room fireplace mantel. I used some more of my vintage style tags to create the banner.
Buffet in the Kitchen/Family Room area






Antique washstand in the Family Room

Tray on top of the coffee table (an antique steamer trunk) in the Family Room

Display on top of the TV. The crystal-look filler (with red candle) is from Michaels.
Kitchen
Kitchen

I plan to put up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, no shopping for me (I can't stand the crowds!). Try not to eat too much and have a fabulous "turkey day"!
~Julie~

12 comments:

cindy said...

Your house is gorgeous (as I knew it would be) but I have to say, I did expect more...well, pink! LOL. You like alot of the same colors that I do. And I LOVE your black door. Thinking about painting ours black. It all looks lovely.

Happy T. Day.

c

rochambeau said...

Happy Thanksgiving Julie!
May your day be filled with warmth and good cheer!

sherry smyth said...

Beautifully decorated as always Julie. Wishing you and those you love a very blessed Thanksgiving.

Nerissa said...

Hi Julie
Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family! I am so thankful for your friendship, inspiration & support.
:) Nerissa

Allie said...

I have a black door, too! Your front entry way is BEAUTIFUL! How warmly decorated everything is. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family, fun, and love. :D
~Allie

parisapartment said...

Your home looks so festive and inviting, why am I not surprised? Thanks for sharing it, you're motivating me! Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving and Black Friday!
Love
c

KellyKim said...

OMG! what a fabulous thanksgiving decorations at your sweet house! I love everything in your house of course your designs indeed. :D

You have a very beautiful big house. I wish I could have a big house like you so I can going to make my house all in PINK :)

*Happy Thanksgiving*

Best,
Kelly
Sweetieroom

KellyKim said...

Dear Julie,
You're welcome :)
I am glad that you love my handmade craft! I love your crafts, too!
I love your blogs! Too interesting!

xoxo
Kelly
Sweetieroom

raquel roysdon said...

I enjoyed visiting your fabulous blog!

Joy said...

Dear Julie,

Thanks so much for the MWO vote :o)

Your decor is drop-dead gorgeous. I've looked through the photos on this post twice already. :o)

Tereza Crump aka MyTreasuredCreations said...

ok, I am from Brazil and we do not do all this decorating according to season and holidays like here in America. So my question is: where do you put all this stuff when you need to take it all down and put away? :) BTW, Merry Christmas, Julie!!! :)

Libby Buttons said...

WoW ! Your home is beautiful.
smiles
LiBBy