Saturday, November 22, 2008

La Dolce Vita!



I got to live "the sweet life" for a little while last Sunday evening. No, I'm not a celebrity (har har) and I don't own a Centurion American Express card (the black card) but my daughter and I were invited to attend a private shopping event at one of my favorite stores, Anthropologie at Northpark Mall in Dallas. My sister, Jenny and her friend, Sunny bid on this silent auction item (at an event) and won so they were able to invite about 25 friends to this fabulous shopping extravaganza :-) It was so much fun having the entire store to ourselves! Now, if Anthropologie would drop their prices a little bit, I could afford to buy a lot more of their merchandise! Be assured, I didn't walk out empty handed!
~Click on the photos to enlarge them~


Me, Savannah, Jenny

Hmmm......what shall we buy?

The food was yummy for my tummy and the champagne cocktails were to die for!


Whoa...wait a minute! What does my teenage daughter have in her hand? Don't worry, it's just San Pellegrino!



I could live in this store....I'm serious!




The cutest aprons ever and I couldn't leave without purchasing one of them! Many of the aprons having matching child aprons.


Decisions, decisions, decisions!



I spent most of my time in the home decor section. I wanted to buy everything I saw!


My youngest sister, Janel, lives in CA and has been doing quite a bit of modeling. Most of her photos are usually retro style (1930's, 40's, 50's) but her friend designs clothes and asked her to model for her website, Thomasscelli. I love this dress! Janel said that her friend (who designed this dress) is teaching her how to sew and she just purchased a brand new sewing machine. She has been making purses and tote bags for herself with retro fabrics (her home is decorated with 1940-50's decor). This is a really good photo of her.


I'm going to try to post the photos of my Fall Decor next week. I will start putting up Christmas decorations next Friday. I can't believe Christmas is almost here...time sure does fly!
I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
~Julie~

7 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I love Anthropologie, esp. the store displays. Thanks so much for stopping by.

cindy said...

LOVE Anthro! This looks like so much fun. They always have the coolest things and of course, I love their window displays! : D

c

Coastal Sisters said...

Hi Julie:

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting today. I just visited your website and Etsy shoppe and LOVED everything!

What a fun time it looked like you girls had in Anthropologie. I love that store :)

Please come back to visit again soon and I will do the same!

LuLu~*

Fabulous Finds Studio said...

Thank you, Lulu!

Allie said...

Isn't Anthropologie just the greatest store ever? :D What a treat to have the shop for a personal evening of shopping while having a little bubbly!! Can't wait to see your holiday decorations. Happy Monday!
~Allie

stacey said...

I just found my way over to your blog. I am smitten. :) You are quite a talented lady! I'm looking forward to Lollishops opening soon too! I look forward to following your posts!

Best to you~
Stacey

sherry smyth said...

What a great experience...so much fun to have a private shopping experience!!

You, your sisters and your daughter are some gorgeous women!!!