Monday, December 14, 2009

Julie's Day Out

My Mom, my sister Jenny, my 2 nephews and I recently had a fun day out! We started the day at my nephews' school for Grandparents day (which was adorable) and then we went to lunch at Cafe Brazil in the fabulous Bishop Arts District.

My yummy Sandwich: eggs, cheese, ham, roasted potatoes=deeeeelish!

Sorry, these photos are not the best quality. I took them on my iphone and since there were so many to post, I decided not to edit or enhance them!
Then we went to IKEA! I love this store since they have something that will work with every decor.
The boys waited to enter the play area. I really love that they included this play area in their stores...parents need a break!

I love this kitchen display
My Mom is re-decorating her Master Bathroom and is considering this mirror. $50 is a fabulous price!
My Mom bought the straw goat (on the right) for her Swedish style home.
Crystal chandeliers for my Mom's bathroom
I love this table and it's only $20!
I would love to add this chair to my studio, it's comfortable, too!
3 of my favorite beds:

I wish I had room in my studio for this daybed. I would love to sit here with lots of pillows and dream and sketch!
I adore these Dala horse cake pans...maybe next time!
I love these white lace curtains and I think they were $20 for the pair....awesome price and they don't look "cheap" like some of the lace curtains I've seen elsewhere.
My Mom needs these pillows for her living room :)
We couldn't pass up these glass candle holders for 49 cents each. One side holds a taper candle and then you flip it over and the other side holds a tea light. IKEA always has the best ideas.
Mercury glass-look candle holders...perfect for any style decor
These candle holders are oh-so-Scandinavian!
Lovely white metal pitchers
We stopped by the Christmas section and bought a few things. My Mom's Christmas tree is similar to this one. She has a lot of Swedish ornaments on her tree.
The kids entertained themselves on the way home. The boys played games on mine and my sisters iphones

Cooper played his tom-tom that he made at school
(On the way home) we stopped by The Soda Gallery at the Bishop Arts District and had our old fashioned sodas. We also shopped around the Bishop Arts District at some of the really unique shops. Yes, my nephew is "making a face"! Dare I say it? "Boys will be boys" 8-)
I had a delicious vanilla cream soda
The boys are playing a game on the new coffee table my sister bought at IKEA. My sister is going to display more of their pottery collection on that little shelf underneath the tabletop. One can never have enough areas to display collectibles!
IKEA is always so much fun! The first time we went to IKEA we were there for several hours, there is just too much to see. We have to travel about an hour to get to our nearest IKEA but it's worth it.
Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I could live in IKEA!!! LOL!! What a fun day you all had and the boys are precious:) Hope your week is good. Love, Jamie

Marie Antionette said...

Hi Hon,Love this post.You and the kids look so wonderful.you are beautiful. I love that mirrow, and thats a great price for it.Could use that daybed myself.Your phots are great.I see no problems with them.
Merry Christmas and May God bless you and yours this hoilday season,
XXOO Marie Antionette

cindy said...

LOVE IKEA. But alas, Hub will no longer take me since I usually get peaved at the check out line wait. :D But other than that, I love that store. I always find something cute there!

-c
yapping cat

Mitzi Curi said...

Oh my, I've never been to IDEA nor even seen shots of the interior. I thought they just had modern looking stuff! Now I must travel to the Detroit area IKEA next time I have a free day. Thanks for the great pics!

Amy Sutter said...

I have often dreamt of going to ikea!! Thank you for sharing your adventure with us so that we all went the with you!!! (i think there is one about 5-6hrs from my house!) Someday :-) I hope you got lots of good stuff!
hugs
Amy