Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Star is Born!

My daughter, Savannah was selected to go to New York City over the Thanksgiving holiday to dance in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with the Mike Miller and Assoc. Dance Team, yayyyy! It was so exciting to see her dance with this awesome dance team on national television! While she was there a group of the girls met Mario Lopez in Times Square and the "Extra" TV show (that he hosts) filmed a short segment of the girls saying, "Extra, Extra!". The episode aired November 23, 2009. I recorded the program on my DVR, paused it and took a photo of it so the quality of the photo isn't too good but you can see her and you can't miss super cute Mario :) Hopefully I can share some more photos of this trip in the near future.



New, new new!
I was a vendor at a couple of arts and crafts shows this fall and here are some of the new decoupaged photo frames that I made for one of the shows. They are now for sale at my Etsy shop here: FabulousFinds. I want to keep them all! I can use them in every room of my home but alas, I must offer them up for sale, LOL! I have been making decoupaged frames for a couple of years now for drill team events and I finally found the time to make some to sell. I think they will make great gifts so some of my "good" family and friends may be finding them under the Christmas tree this year.











I listed some of the frames in my Etsy Boutique and should have the rest listed within the week. I'm off to watch some football with my husband and drink my Starbucks Chai Tea Latte (It's cold here, I really need it, tee hee).
~Have a fabulous day~
Julie

5 comments:

Bunny Chic Boutique said...

That's so exciting that your Daughter was on TV AND that she got to meet Mario!!! I know she had a Fabulous time in NY. :)

Your frames are so Gorgeous ~ LOVE them all!!!

Hope you have a Fabulous Week ~

Bunny Hugs ~

Jayne

Jamie said...

We watched the parade! How exciting for your daughter:) I love your frames and you are right. I could use one in every room of my house too! LOL!! Hope you are staying warm. It's 32 this morning. BBrrrr! Love, Jamie

cindy said...

Fell in love with your frames at that show! They are so gorgeous! And how cool for your daughter! I know you must have been beyond excited!
-c
yapping cat

Amy Sutter said...

how amazing for your daughter! What an honor to dance for so many :-) She was only about 5 hours from me, lol! Hope you are well and are enjoying the preparations for the holidays!
hugs
Amy

Jackie said...

Thank you for becoming a follower and swinging by my blog. Love your post!!! Page is adorable!
Hugs, Jackie