Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hutch Makeover

My hutch desperately needed a makeover! I loved it before but decided it needed a little pizazz!



BEFORE



I used wallpaper paste to apply the vintage book pages

I used vintage doilies and handkerchiefs to line the shelves.  The wedding cake topper {on the top shelf} is from my parents wedding.
I made the vintage style banner
I used my Grandmother's antique china, a few things from my Mom and misc. things from around my home.

AFTER







I embellished this tassel from Hobby Lobby

I hope you are inspired!
Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

9 comments:

Parsley said...

I'm a 'sorrority sister' and dropped by to say hello. My blog door is always open so stop by anytime. Help yourself to some tea and cookies.

God Bless.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Just happened by and wanted to comment. Your hutch turned out great. Connie

Scrapping With Sherry said...

I also love the vintage look and have my creations on my site. I have been inspired by your banner to do something similar on a card. It is just beautifu! And how neat to have your parents wedding cake topper!

My name is Sherry and I wanted to come by and introduce myself as I have joined the Bloggerette Sorority. I am new to the blog world (3 weeks!) so I missed the Rush, but I look forward to joining in on the fun in the future. I would be honored if you would come by my blog for a visit at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you there.

Take Care~ Sherry

Allie said...

I'm a "sorority sister", too. What a lovely transformation of your hutch! Where did you come up with the idea? I'm going to have to go take a look at my hutch and see what I can come up with. VERY inspiring!!
~Allie

Fabulous Finds Studio/Boutique said...

Thanks girls!
I've seen decoupaged book pages in some magazines and at some blogs so I thought I would give it a try on my hutch. It was time consuming but easy to do!

Lynn Richards said...

OOOHH!!
Way pretty! I love that you had such amazing things to put in it and your banner is awesome!!!
xoxo
lynn

Jennifer said...

wonderful.

Mitzi Curi said...

Your hutch makeover has inspired me. I need to follow your example and spiff up some furniture around my house. Your banner is adorable too!

Amy Sutter said...

so gorgeous what a great idea!!! Amazing transformation xxoo
Amy