Monday, October 18, 2010

Let's Cook!

(Salsa not shown)
This quiche style pie is super easy to make and is really delicious.  The original recipe came from BettyCrocker.com but I added the chicken and changed a couple of ingredients.  You could omit the chicken and add ham or sausage if you wish. 

Impossibly Easy Quesadilla Pie (Julie's version)
1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso chopped green chiles, well drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (I added 2-3 teaspoons because I love cilantro)
3/4 cup Original Bisquick mix
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
shredded or cut up chicken (2 cups or so)
Salsa, sour cream and cilantro for garnish
1.  Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease 9-inch pie plate.  Sprinkle chilies, cheese, cilantro and chicken in pie plate. 
2.  Stir remaining ingredients until blended.  Pour into pie plate.
3.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.  Serve with salsa, sour cream and cilantro if desired.  

My new recipe cards are available at my Etsy shop, just in time for the Holidays!
Dinner In Paris
Birds of a Feather
Vintage Recipe Cards
Lunch in the Hamptons

Happy cooking!
Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

6 comments:

Lynn Richards said...

YUMMY!!
And the recipe cards are darling!
xo
lynn

Karena said...

Julie how yummy and your new items are aorable!!

Be sure to come and enter my fabulous Giveaway from Metis Linens!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Ingrid Mida said...

What pretty recipe cards!
Thanks for dropping by Fashion is my muse and leaving a comment.
Your blog is very pretty.
Best wishes for a lovely weekend in Texas.

Marie Antionette said...

Lets eat!!! That looks sooo yummy, and your recipe cards are just to fab.I love them. I will check them out.
Pop on over to my place. To celebrate my return to blogland and the holidays, I am having a give away.
May God bless,
XXOO Marie Antionette

shari @ little blue deer said...

Delish! And the recipe cards are darling! I'm so happy you came by Little Blue Deer so I could find you, happy to be your newest follower!

Kristin said...

Oh my, that sounds and looks SO delicious!