Thursday, October 14, 2010

Re-decorating...French and Shabby Chic Style

Simply divine plates from Marshalls


My Mom, my daughter and I have been bitten by the decorating bug :) My Mom is re-decorating her Master Bedroom and Bath, My daughter is re-decorating her bedroom and I'm giving my Master Bedroom and Bath a mini make-over. We have had a lot of fun shopping for new items and I snapped some photos (on a recent shopping trip) that I think are fabulous.

Pretty floral mugs from Ross

Teapots from Ross.  I think they were only $10 each
I'm thinking about buying a couple of these extra-large Eiffel Tower mugs from Marshalls.  Better get there fast...things don't stay on the shelves long at Marshalls!
I bought one of these plates from Marshalls.  I'm using it with my Autumn decorations (will post photos of that later).
Pretty Shabby Chic style casserole dishes at Marshalls.  I bought a set of matching measuring cups (I need to take a photo of those!)
The matching colander/stainer....
Ooh la la bath accessories at Homegoods.  I almost bought these but ended up with a similar set from Hobby Lobby (will post that photo at a later date)
Both my Mom and I are considering this elegant green pillow for our Master Bedrooms
(from Homegoods).  Only $19.99.
Love this pillow from Homegoods
Can you believe the price on these chairs?  Only $19.99 each!
Similar chairs at Ballard Designs cost big $$$$$
I adore these cake pedestals at Homegoods
Fancy and elegant candelabra from Homegoods
These crown serving pieces (from Homegoods)
make my heart go pitter patter ;) 
My Mom is re-decorating her Master Bedroom and Bath with this fab aqua color. 
(From Homegoods)
My Mom bought 2 of these mirrors for her Master Bath at Hobby Lobby.
They were half price that week, what a bargain at $40 each!!!
Chic lamps for my daughter's bedroom.  She was inspired by Audrey Hepburn for her latest bedroom make-over!
I hope you have been inspired!
Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

7 comments:

TheSmithHotel said...

It's a good thing I don't have a Marshalls, Hobby Lobby or HomeGoods near by! TJMaxx and Ross are my only stores like these and I've been trying to stay out of them! Can't wait to see your makeover!

Jody

Mitzi Curi said...

Julie, you certainly have a knack for zeroing in on cute home accessories! I love the ruffly pillow and the lampshade with the embellishment. very chic!

Vanessa said...

Hi! Ohhhh I am so jealous of you folks who have Home Good and Hobby Lobby nearby! We have an HG about an hour away and are finally going to be getting a Marshalls but I have had to survive on TJ's and Ross for far too long! :-) Thanks so much for coming over and joining the party this week!
Vanessa

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Love all your inspiration and I love Home Goods!! I always find the most fabulous stuff there!!! Cute blog! Coming over from Vanessa's- I have a decorating inspiration party at my blog too if you would like to join in sometime. :)

Lynn Richards said...

I so can't go shopping right now, but it was sure fun to do it through your blog!!!
We have a Marshalls, and I agree-nothing stays on the shelf for very long!!!
xo
lynn

Ashley said...

We don't have a Home Goods, and I have never been to one. It looks like they have some beautiful stuff!

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Super cute goodies! It was fun to go 'shopping' with you!
Sonya