Thursday, February 10, 2011

Don't miss Ice Castles Monday night!


Now I'm definitely going to date myself, but do you remember Ice Castles starring Lynn-Holly Johnson and Robby Benson?  It was one of my favorite movies growing up!  I loved the title song, "Through the Eyes of Love" so much that I requested the sheet music from my piano teacher and learned how to play it.  I bet I still have that sheet music stored somewhere and I still think it's a very beautiful song!  I'm going to have to look for the sheet music!  I just noticed that Hallmark Channel is playing the original movie this coming Monday night (Valentine's Day) right after the re-make.  I have my DVR set to record both of them.  I haven't seen the re-make so I hope it's good. I really enjoyed taking this trip down memory lane...ahh...the good 'ole days :)

I found the original movie trailer on youtube:




Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is bringing back lots of memories. That photo was taken at the Minnesota Met Stadium where the old North Stars played and I loved watching hockey games there.
That land is now a HUGE empty space across from the Mall of America.

Thanks for a great post.

AMY said...

you are definitely my movie hook up lately :-)
xxoo
Amy

Kristin said...

Ice Castles is pretty much one of my all time FAVE flicks!