Tuesday, February 8, 2011

White Inspiration for my Family Room & Kitchen

I've been inspired to give my family room and kitchen a mini make-over.  I am currently obsessed with all white interiors but have decided that it won't work for me right now.  I've spent too much money over the years on my furniture and decor to get rid of it (and my husband might have a heart attack if I suggest getting rid of, or even painting some of my furniture, LOL!).  Anyways, I originally was going to start painting a bunch of decor and furniture pure white but decided it was a little too stark for me.  So, I'm going with ivory and almond and will mix in some black here and there.

My original inspiraton
{Patti Silverman}

My kitchen table and buffet are very similar to these but I'm going to leave mine a stained wood color.




{Image source unknown}

A little pop of color is always nice....
{House Beautiful, next 5 images}

My collection of blue and white plates will be perfect!
{Image source unknown}

This color also works for me, I have plates and fabric, etc. in this color.  Decisions, decisions!
{Image source unknown}

I'm not sure what colors I'll mix in but I have several things to spray paint ivory and almond so that will keep me busy for awhile. I'll be posting some photos soon!

Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~



5 comments:

TheSmithHotel said...

I love all white rooms too! I just can't afford to replace my items and painting everything would probably give my hubby a heart attack. I have blue denim couch and chair w/ ottoman-I love them still-so I'm trying to figure out how to "lighten" my living room with a blue couch.

Can't wait to see what you end up creating/painting!

Jody

Amy Sutter said...

AHHH! I am certainly inspired by these!!! AND I JUST READ YOUR POST ABOUT THE FIRE! OMG! So thankful no one was hurt yet I can understand the time that went into all of your creations! And I have to watch that movie, gorgeous!!! Okay, I think I have caught up, tee hee!
xxoo
Amy

Sandy said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! Love your idea homes -- was lucky to visit Patti Silverman (top photo) myself.

parisapartment said...

With these as your guides you can't go wrong!
Can't wait to see what you do, I love the shades of white with the punch of black you're thinking of doing!

Karena said...

Julie wonderful images! very inspiring...

Do come enter my amazing giveaway from Splenderosa!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena