Friday, February 3, 2012

"Some Like it Hot" Movie





"Some Like it Hot" is one of my favorite movies of all time.  Before I watched this movie I wished it was in Technicolor but as I watched it I was glad they had filmed it in black and white.  It suited the movie perfectly.  I also saw some color photos of the guys in drag and believe me, the movie needed to be in black and white, LOL.  My husband has only seen parts of this movie with me but he liked what he saw.  I think he would enjoy watching the entire movie (he is not a huge fan of old movies). 
Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis play down and out musicians who are on the run from gangsters after witnessing the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre of 1929.   They dress in drag and join an all girl band to hide out for awhile.  Sexy Marilyn (Sugar) is a part of the all girl band.  Needless to say, the acting is fabulous in this movie and I was rolling on the floor from laughter more than once.  Everything is top notch: the acting, the wardrobe, the scenery, the script...

You can read more about the movie here on Wikepedia (spoiler alert):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Like_It_Hot














I'm so glad I found this photo!  This is my favorite scene in the movie.  I thought Jack Lemmon was going to die from sexual tension!!  He was so taken with "Sugar".



The boys attract love interests when they are dressed in drag!  Too funny!



Oh my! I bet this outfit caused quite a stir when Marilyn first wore it on set!  My husband made a comment about the errr...dress when he saw it in the movie, ha ha :)
I hope you'll add "Some Like it Hot" to your list of movies to watch.  Let me know if you liked it.
Have a fabulous weekend!
~Julie~

1 comment:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love that move, I wish Marilyn had lived out her life. The new TV show "Smash" is supposed to be about a play of Marilyn Monroe, which should renew interest in her. Thanks for pinning my gesso frame, I don't do much Pinterest, except to spend hours looking at it and I am so appreciative when soemone pins one of my projects

Carol