Friday, March 9, 2012

Trisha Yearwood's Crock-Pot Chocolate Candy


This recipe is so delicious! I made 2 batches before Christmas and ate quite a bit of it myself...ugh.  Everyone loved it!  It's so easy, too.  It would be great for Easter so I want to share the recipe with all of you. 





I bet there are a lot of yummy recipes in this book available here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/home-cooking-with-trisha-yearwood-trisha-yearwood/1102578574?ean=9780307465238&r=1&


Trisha Yearwood's Crock-Pot Chocolate Candy Recipe:

2 lbs (36 oz) salted dry-roasted peanuts
4 oz (4 squares) German's sweet chocolate
1 12-oz package semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
2½ lbs white almond bark

1. Put the peanuts in the bottom of a 4-quart slow-cooker. Layer the chocolate over the peanuts, beginning with the sweet chocolate, followed by the chocolate chips, and then the almond bark. Set the temperature on low and cook for 3 hours. Do not stir the mixture.

2. After 3 hours, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop the candy into cupcake pan liners, using about 2 tablespoons per liner. Allow the candy to cool completely before removing the cupcake liners. Makes 30 to 40 pieces.

I used a crock pot liner...DON'T DO THIS!  It's really hard to get all of the chocolate off of the liner.  What was I thinking?  It was Christmas time...I wasn't :)



Let me know what you think!
Have a fabulous day!
~Julie~

Sharing here:
 http://twenty-eight-0-five.blogspot.com/2012/03/potpourri-friday-27.html

 http://thecharmofhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/home-sweet-home-57.html

 http://romantichome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-and-tell-friday_08.html

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Julie,
This looks delicious! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home and on Twitter!
Sherry

The Spanish Dahlia said...

HiJulie,
Wow, that recipe looks so yummy. Next week is my oldest's 21st birthday. I think I might give this a try... Also, thanks for sharing the Jessica Mc Clintock line. I love the pink glass candles. I've been on a pink glass kick for the past couple weeks. Anyway, thanks again for sharing.
Have a great weekend.
~ Stephanie

Mary Ellen said...

Julie I found you via Pinterst and am having a great time going though your boards! My you have really been pinning!!!
Had to pin this great sounding recipe! I even found some darling little cupcake liners today when I was working on my creative space so have those-= now to just get the chocolate!