Friday, August 24, 2012

A few images from my Shabby Chic Kitchen...

It's been a good week!  My daughter just got back from visiting her Aunt and Uncle in sunny California, my son visited me for a couple of days (he lives 2 hrs. away) and I talked to my husband several times this week on Skype from Afghanistan and he is safe.
As I write this post I am listening to one of my favorite Pandora radio stations...Michael Buble Radio! I like that this station plays old music such as Frank Sinatra and newer music such as Jim Brickman and Michael Buble (of course).   I am crazy about Pandora radio. 
I thought I would share a few images from my kitchen with you.  I hope you enjoy them.

I found this vintage wash bowl at a local antique/craft mall.  I paid $15!  I don't know what they are going for but I think I got a great deal.  I love the little architectural detail around the bottom of the bowl. I had some vintage mercury glass ornaments in it but took them out for a simpler look.





I paid $3 for the tin canister and .25-$1.00 for each of the milk glass vases!  The ceramic flowers were less than $1 each.  The vintage look metal architectural salvage used to be burgandy and I painted it pink.





This white shelf used to be black. I painted it and sanded the edges.  The tiny eiffel tower is from Janet at Shabbyfufu. I love to pick up those little vintage porcelain shoes whenever I see them.







I love this vintage millinery flower.  I've had it for years! I think I'm going to change the fabric on this French memo board to a Shabby Chic fabric.  Stay tuned...

I hope you have a fabulous Friday!
~Julie~

Sharing here:





The Thrifty Groove



Photobucket



Potpourri Friday








http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com


Rooted In Thyme

Adorned From Above


14 comments:

Darlene said...

Lovely kitchen!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your kitchen is charming, Julie! Love the milk glass!

Thank you for sharing your garden project at Potpourri Friday!

Jen said...

Love the wash basin Julie! What an awesome price...and it fits perfectly with your shabby chic decor! I see you have textured walls too...are they common in Texas? I hate that our house has them but everyone we looked at did....so guess we're living a textured life like it or not LOL

Julie L. Light said...

Hi Jen,
I live in a town home that was built in the 50's so the walls are heavily textured.
Texturing is very popular in new homes here in Texas. Orange peel and other styles are popular right now...

Jody and Stan said...

Julie, What beautiful vignettes. Thanks so much for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Love your blog.
New Follower!

Jody

Diann said...

Everything looks so sweet. I love that painted tin! Lots of fun vintage treasures. I am going to feature this post on this week's TTF party. Link will be up thursday at 4:00 (EST). Thank you for sharing at TTF. Have a fun day!

Debi Bolocofsky said...

Hi Julie,
I love all of your finds. I also love the metal tile that you painted pink. It looks so pretty with the milk glass. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/free-bee-sweet-hat-pattern-crocheted.html
Hope to see you there.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It all looks lovely Julie. Thanks for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

Sherry said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Jody and Stan said...

Julie, Just wanted to let you know you've been featured on Simple & Sweet Fridays for sharing your lovely shabby chic kitchen. Don't forget to grab a button if you'd like and have a wonderful weekend.

Jody

vintageandart said...

l love your little milk glass bud vases they look so pretty all together.

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

LOVE your pretty blog! I am your newest follower:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Melissah said...

Love all the pretty vignettes and gorgeous styling. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I am your latest follower!
x
Melissah from Country Style chic

Karena said...

Julie I hope all is well. I love to see your precious finds!!So lovely!

xoxo,
Karena
2012 Artist Series