Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Loving Lavender...


Vintage dress, scarf and millinery flowers


It's been a long time since I've blogged and there have been a lot of changes in the last year. We moved to CA in December of 2013 so my husband can further his education and gain additional training for his job. Both of my kids are attending college now (in two other states) and I am definitely feeling the empty nest syndrome! Time and staying busy seem to be the best remedies. I'm still unpacking boxes and have re-opened by Etsy shop. Instagram has kept me busy and I am enjoying my new found friends there.What a blessing they are!
My style has changed a little bit in the last couple of years. It's still heavily French influenced but I decided to change my color palette to pastels and muted pastels. I really needed a change after years and years of French Country colors and style.
I decided to add a touch of lavender to my living area for Springtime. Here's a few pics from around my home. I hope you enjoy them.


The pillows are Rachel Ashwell Simply Shabby Chic


Fabulous shelf from Goodwill that I'm going to paint white

 New book from Marshalls. Only $6.99

A couple of pages from the book


Florentine tray from Goodwill and candle holders from Michaels

 
The ruffled lavender throw is from the fabulous Janet at Shabbyfufu.com

I've been collecting these cups with the "sayings". Love them...can't have enough of them!

My youngest sister, Janel, makes the chic jar candleholder shown on the table

$2.00 lavender silk skirt from a thrift store

This lovely dried flower wreath was a $3 yard sale find!
Until next time...
Be. Fabulous.
Linking up at Shabbilicious Friday

1 comment:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

It's definitely hard when our kids leave home Julie. Sounds like you are keeping busy though and that helps. Great finds!!